With Matt Welch out, Peter Suderman hosts John Osterhoudt, Katherine Mangu-Ward, and Nick Gillespie on their thoughts on Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and the reactions to it across the political spectrum.
Discussed in this show:
0:34: Russia’s invasion of Ukraine
35:12: Blue state’s rolling back mask mandates
50:16: Weekly listener question: Hi Roundtable! Misery loves company. As such, I would love to find like-minded liberty-loving individuals to commiserate within my very blue Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Of course, I do my share of screaming into the Twitter void (@nwwong) but want to build out my network of local libertarians to discuss more specific issues, how to tackle them, and even possibly launch a campaign for a local
office. I’m hesitant to join the party, as I believe it would make things harder if I ever decided to run for a seat in MA; so what is another way to find friends short of “Tinder for Liberals”? Thanks, and keep up the great work!
This week’s links:
- “Why Ukraine Is Different,” by David Leonhardt
- “Florida governor signs sweeping laws against vaccine, mask mandates,” by Alex Pickett
- “This Texas Town Rejected Stimulus Money to Avoid Vaccine Mandates,” by John Osterhoudt (Video)
- “Artist Ai WeiWei Warns of Chinese and American Authoritarianism,” by Meredith Bragg (Video)
- “Populist Flamethrowers Rock Media” by Neal Rothschild and Sara Fischer
Send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your social media handle and the correct pronunciation of your name.
- We all want to make sure our family is protected in a medical emergency. What many of us don’t realize is that health insurance won’t always cover the full amount of an emergency medical flight. Even with comprehensive coverage, you could get hit with high deductibles and co-pays. That’s why an AirMedCare Network membership is so important. As a member, if an emergency arises, you won’t see a bill for air medical transport when flown by an AMCN provider. Best of all, a membership covers your entire household for as little as $85 a year.
- If you feel something interfering with your happiness or holding you back from your goals, BetterHelp is an accessible and affordable source for professional counseling. BetterHelp assesses your needs and matches you with a licensed therapist you can start talking to in under 24 hours, all online.
Audio production by Ian Keyser
Assistant production by Adam Czarnecki
Music: “Angeline,” by The Brothers Steve